Junior Technical Artist
Job Title: Junior Technical Artist
Type: Full time
Who We Are: Disbelief is a game development studio focusing on contracting and consulting services. We’ve worked with both AAA and independent studios to help their projects ship. Notable projects we’ve worked on include Gears Tactics, Gears 5, Borderlands 3, and Spellbreak.
At Disbelief we value work-life balance, and want to create an alternative to the crunch-culture prevalent in game development. We also believe strongly in investing in our talent and our team. Disbelief is a place to puzzle out the solutions to cutting-edge problems for industry leading projects, but also a place where people can grow their careers and skills as valued members of a stable and close-knit team.
Description: Currently, we’re looking for a Junior Technical Artist. This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL. Junior Technical Artists at Disbelief are as excited to learn as they are to teach and help others. They have a unique skill set that allows them to find and solve problems across disciplines, and bridge gaps between departments. With support and training from more senior members of the team, you will be expected to work in a variety of areas including modelling, materials, texturing, animation, FX, gameplay, UI, as well as building art tools to improve workflows.
We work with leading edge technologies to make them perform at the top of their capabilities, and we take pride in solving problems others can't. We believe a diverse team is a stronger team, and we encourage marginalized candidates to apply.
- Solve technical problems from an artist’s point of view
- Facilitate communication between art, engineering and gameplay teams
- Proactively learn new software and techniques
- Prototype new workflows and systems
- Make improvements to existing pipelines as part of a team
- Clearly communicate your work to others
- Estimate the time it takes to complete tasks
Skills and Requirements
- Degree in art, computer science, or equivalent experience
- Basic understanding of real time rendering
- Knowledge of version control with Perforce, Git, or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Portfolio demonstrating
- Ability to produce AAA quality game art
- Gameplay or pipeline scripting
- Proficiency in cross disciplinary tasks
Location: Chicago, IL
Remote: Hybrid. Currently all of Disbelief is working remotely during the pandemic. Post-pandemic our plans are to return to a hybrid model where we still report into the office but often work from home. Some of our projects require access to physical infrastructure.
Visa Sponsorship: No. Disbelief does not offer visa sponsorship at the current time. We are an E-Verify employer.
Contact: Please submit resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org