IT Systems Administrator
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Type: Full time
Description: Disbelief is a game development studio focusing on contracting and consulting services. We’ve worked with both AAA and independent studios to help their projects ship. Notable projects we’ve worked on include Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Minecraft, Gears Tactics, Gears 5, and Spellbreak.
At Disbelief we value work-life balance, and want to create an alternative to the crunch-culture prevalent in game development. We also believe strongly in investing in our talent and our team. Proven development workstations, software, and servers is part of this investment. Disbelief is a place to puzzle out the solutions to cutting-edge problems for industry leading projects, but also a place where people can grow their careers and skill sets as valued members of a stable and close knit team.
Currently, we’re looking for a full-time systems administrator in Chicago, IL. The systems administrator will be a front-facing role supporting the software, hardware and networking needs of our Chicago and Cambridge studios. The systems administrator will work closely with studio leadership to maintain, administer, and grow our existing IT infrastructure to meet the needs of our development teams. As Disbelief grows, there is excellent opportunity for career growth and development.
We believe a diverse team is a stronger team, and we encourage marginalized IT candidates to apply.
- Communicate IT solutions internally with strong listening skills about IT problems
- Communicate IT needs with studio leadership
- Problem solving in a calm and empathetic manner
- Maintain and manage network, workstation, and server architecture
- Keep company equipment organized and safe from hazards
- Track and install security patches and perform security remediation
- Maintain and manage VPN and HIDS architecture
- Maintain and manage Perforce proxies and servers
- Acts as safety officer and assist operations for our Chicago location
- Purchasing of network, workstation, and server hardware and software
- Manage company's hardware, software, and licensing inventories
- Management of IT vendors and software & hardware support/license renewal
- Assist architecting IT projects with studio leadership
- Primary implementation of IT projects
Skills and Requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong time management skills
- 3+ years Experience administering Windows Server and Windows 10
- 3+ years Experience administering Active Directory
- 3+ years Experience administering network infrastructure
- Experience with PowerShell
- Experience administering Linux
- Able to perform basic hardware setup
- Experience with IT in a software development or content creation environment is a plus
- Familiarity with scripting is a plus (one of bash, powershell, python, vbs, C#, etc). We can provide further scripting training.
Location: Chicago, IL
Remote: This position is not a remote position. The systems administrator role is required to work full time on site at our Chicago location.
Visa Sponsorship: No. Disbelief does not offer visa sponsorship at the current time.
We are an E-Verify employer.
Technologies: Windows Server (2012R2 and 2019), Active Directory, Windows 10, Linux, Perforce, OpenVPN, VMWare, OSSEC, OpenWRT, Jenkins, Github, G Suite, Office365, Slack, JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Azure, AWS, PowerShell, Python, C#
Contact: Please submit resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org