CAMBRIDGE, MA OR CHICAGO, IL
Job Title: Senior Producer
Type: Full time
Who We Are: Disbelief is a game development studio focusing on contracting and consulting services. We’ve worked with both AAA and independent studios to help their projects ship. Notable projects we’ve worked on include Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Minecraft, Gears Tactics, Gears 5, and Spellbreak.
At Disbelief we value work-life balance, and want to create an alternative to the crunch-culture prevalent in game development. We also believe strongly in investing in our talent and our team. Disbelief is a place to puzzle out the solutions to cutting-edge problems for industry leading projects, but also a place where people can grow their careers and skills as valued members of a stable and close-knit team.
Description: We’re looking for a Senior Producer. This opportunity is for a full-time position in either our Cambridge, MA or Chicago, IL studio, with the ability to work a hybrid schedule of work from home and in office time. Senior Producers at Disbelief are leaders, mentors, and help the team to understand critical paths so we can successfully meet our goals.
In your role, you will act as a bridge between our developers and our clients, empowering our teams to achieve much more than they could on their own. Beyond planning and managing projects, producers act as advocates, organizers, and teachers for all departments.
You will spend most of your time listening to people, because often listening is enough, and will always be approachable, fair, and trustworthy. As a Senior Producer, you will be trusted to represent us as a company. You will portray the company in a good light; focusing on the positive, even while internally understanding all of our flaws and challenges, and not misrepresenting those. Transparency, consistency, and honesty are highly valued in this role.
You will understand how our business works, what our customers want, what drives our reputation, what’s possible, and what will take us to the next level.
We work with leading edge technologies to make them perform at the top of their capabilities, and we take pride in solving problems others can’t. We believe a diverse team is a stronger team, and we encourage marginalized candidates to apply.
- Act as the primary communication bridge between our clients and our development teams.
- Ensure there is forward progress on the “critical chain” of tasks, assisting developers as necessary, and communicate that progress to both leadership and our clients.
- Teach and mentor other producers. Mentorship is a key part of our culture.
- Track/communicate measurable contributions of teams on projects.
- Make improvements to existing production pipelines.
- Clearly communicate internally with internal teams and externally with clients.
- Maintain the project schedules, and drive the project to completion.
- Triage obstacles and issues within assigned projects.
Skills and Requirements:
- 5+ years in game production or other software industry/environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong time management skills
- Highly organized
- Strong mediation and problem solving skills
- A strong desire to enable others to do their best work
- Experience with industry project management tools and processes
- Experience working on at least one shipped commercial project from start to finish
Location: Cambridge, MA or Chicago, IL
Relocation Assistance: Available where applicable
Remote: Hybrid. Producers are in the office based on project needs, but can sometimes work from home. Some of our projects require access to physical infrastructure.
Visa Sponsorship: No. Disbelief does not offer visa sponsorship at the current time.
We are an E-Verify employer.
Contact: Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org