RECRUITING & HR ADMINISTRATOR
Job Title: Recruiting & HR Administrator
Type: Full time
Description: Disbelief is a game development studio focusing on contracting and consulting services. We’ve worked with both AAA and independent studios to help their projects ship. Notable projects we’ve worked on include Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Minecraft, Gears Tactics, Gears 5, and Spellbreak..
At Disbelief we value work-life balance, and want to create an alternative to the crunch-culture prevalent in game development. We also believe strongly in investing in our talent and our team. Disbelief is a place to puzzle out the solutions to cutting-edge problems in graphics and engine programming, but also a place where people can grow their careers and skill sets as valued members of a stable and close knit team.
Currently, we’re looking for a Recruiting and HR Administrator, to act as support staff for our operations side of the business. This opportunity is for a full-time position in Cambridge, MA.
As our Recruiting & HR Administrator, you will assist with day to day recruiting, human resources, and other operational business needs. This person will build rapports with candidates, developers, and industry contacts as the first face of Disbelief while also providing support for our existing employees. We are organically growing our business and hope to find a personable, well-spoken, organized, and positive minded professional to help in our recruiting and operational needs while keeping true to Disbelief’s culture and philosophy. This person will also assist with office administrative tasks and onsite needs in our Cambridge, MA Studio. We are a small (but mighty) company, and therefore rely on our operations team to construct the environment that allows our developers to do what they do best.
We believe a diverse team is a stronger team, and we encourage marginalized candidates to apply.
- Facilitate, host, and implement all phases of the recruitment process
- Assist with job posting and advertising processes, through Indeed, LinkedIn, Art Station, Game Developer, etc.
- Attend and participate in college job fairs and recruiting sessions
- Manage all candidate intake, communication, and requests via company email and phone
- Calendar management and scheduling for candidate interviews, auditions, and internal company meetings
- Collaborate with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identify and recommend salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details
- Assist in new hire orientation and training initiatives
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures
- Assist with administering and communicating company benefits and other HR initiatives
- Assist in keeping company files organized and up to date
- Help to maintain a clean, organized, and legally compliant office for our employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Familiarity with or the ability to learn basic laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to HR elements including hiring and recruitment
- Proficiency in or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems
- Accurate data entry and documentation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills; experience with company scheduling a plus
- Proficiency or the ability to quickly learn Google Workspace, or related software
- Technical skills (both tangible and non) a huge plus
- Recruiting experience preferred; technical recruiting experience a plus
- HR training and/ or office management experience desired
Location: Cambridge, MA
Relocation Assistance: Available where applicable
Hybrid: This role is expected to be in the office based on business needs, but can sometimes work from home. Some of our projects require access to physical infrastructure.
Visa Sponsorship: No. Disbelief does not offer visa sponsorship at the current time. We are an E-Verify employer.
Technologies: Most of our administrative work is completed in Paychex, Jira, Google Workspace, Slack, shared spreadsheets, shared templates, company emails, and industry related websites. Hardware knowledge and ability to setup and/or troubleshoot is a definite plus.