Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Type: Full time
Description: Disbelief is a game development studio focusing on contracting and consulting services. We’ve worked with both AAA and independent studios to help their projects ship. Notable projects we’ve worked on include Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Minecraft, Gears Tactics, Gears 5, and Pacific Drive.
At Disbelief we value work-life balance, and want to create an alternative to the crunch-culture prevalent in game development. We also believe strongly in investing in our talent and our team. Disbelief is a place to puzzle out the solutions to cutting-edge problems in graphics and engine programming, but also a place where people can grow their careers and skill sets as valued members of a stable and close knit team.
Currently, we’re looking for an Operations Coordinator, to act as support staff for our operations side of the business. This opportunity is for a full-time position in Chicago, IL.
As our Operations Coordinator, you will assist with day to day on-site facility needs, office management, company expansion and other operational business needs for our Chicago location or in tandem with our Cambridge, MA location. This person will build rapports with vendors, property management, and industry contacts as the first face of the Disbelief Chicago location while also providing support for our existing employees. We are organically growing our business and hope to find a personable, well-spoken, organized, and positive minded professional to help in our expansion and operational needs while keeping true to Disbelief’s culture and philosophy. We are a small (but mighty) company, and therefore rely on our operations team to construct the environment that allows our developers to do what they do best.
We believe a diverse team is a stronger team, and we encourage marginalized candidates to apply.
- Facilitate and chaperone any third party on-site visits, ensuring that our team is aware, prepared, and necessary NDAs are completed
- Assist the IT & HR departments in purchasing, setup, and maintenance of employee workstations, tools, and office requests to keep the team comfortable, safe, and productive while working
- Assist with event planning, off-site arrangements, and facilitating any Company events
- Manage all vendor relationships for the Chicago location, including facilitating appointments, purchases, deliveries, and any site visits as the primary office management contact
- Calendar management and scheduling for vendor visits, property management requests, internal on-site needs, and internal company procedures or recurring tasks for compliance
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures for our office locations.
- Ensure office security and safety policies are followed and communicate when there are concerns
- Assist with procuring and maintaining employee’s security credentials such as building badges and entry key cards
- Assist in keeping company files organized and up to date, including but not limited to receipts, work orders, and invoices
- Assist in shipping and receiving needs for the Company as a logistics contact, with hardware being the business critical focus
- Help to maintain a clean, organized, and legally compliant office for our employees
- Help to organize and oversee any moves of the physical office as necessary as we grow in the future, in Chicago
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- 2 years of direct experience on an operations team, or in an office management role.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative
- Familiarity with or the ability to learn basic laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to on-site needs and liabilities, such as OSHA regulations
- Proficiency in or the ability to quickly learn task or ticket software for operations tasks to be delegated
- Accurate data entry and documentation skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills; experience with company scheduling a plus
- Proficiency or the ability to quickly learn Google Workspace, or related software
- Technical skills (both tangible and non) a huge plus
Location: Chicago, IL
Relocation Assistance: Not applicable
Hybrid: This role is expected to be in the office regularly based on business needs, but can sometimes work from home.
Visa Sponsorship: No. Disbelief does not offer visa sponsorship at the current time. We are an E-Verify employer.
Technologies: Most of our administrative work is completed in Paychex, Jira, Google Workspace, Slack, shared spreadsheets, shared templates, company emails, and industry related websites. Hardware knowledge and ability to setup and/or troubleshoot is a definite plus.