IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Type: Full time
Description: Disbelief is a game development studio focusing on contracting and consulting services. We’ve worked with both AAA and independent studios to help their projects ship. Notable projects we’ve worked on include Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, Minecraft, Gears Tactics, Gears 5, and Spellbreak.
At Disbelief we value work-life balance, and want to create an alternative to the crunch-culture prevalent in game development. We also believe strongly in investing in our talent and our team. Proven development workstations, software, and servers is part of this investment. Disbelief is a place to puzzle out the solutions to cutting-edge problems for industry leading projects, but also a place where people can grow their careers and skill sets as valued members of a stable and close knit team.
Currently, we’re looking for an IT Support Technician. This opportunity is for a full-time position in Cambridge, MA. The IT Support Technician will be the second addition to our growing IT department and will be a front-facing role supporting the software, hardware and basic networking needs of our Chicago and Cambridge studios primarily through Help Desk support as well as hardware builds and upgrades. The IT Support Technician will work closely with the operations department to maintain, administer and grow our existing IT infrastructure to meet the needs of our development teams.
We believe a diverse team is a stronger team, and we encourage marginalized IT candidates to apply.
- Communicate IT solutions internally with strong listening skills about IT problems
- Problem solving in a calm and empathetic manner
- Build and maintain physical hardware needs for Cambridge studio
- Assist with day to day IT Help Desk responsibilities with a sense of urgency
- Assist with staging of network, workstation, and server hardware and software
- Keep company equipment organized and safe from hazards
- Assist operations for our Cambridge location
Skills and Requirements
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and able to deliver clear solutions in an empathetic manner
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience installing and troubleshooting Windows
- Able to troubleshoot, manage, and configure basic hardware
- 2+ years related experience in IT field
- Experience building gaming PCs is a plus
- Active Directory experience is a plus
- A+, Net+ (both CompTIA), MCSA (Microsoft), Google IT Support Professional Certifications are a plus
- Familiarity with scripting is a plus (one of bash, powershell, python, vbs, C#, etc). We can provide further scripting training
Location: Cambridge, MA
Remote: No. This job role will require regular time in the office to build, install, and maintain hardware.
Visa Sponsorship: No. Disbelief does not offer visa sponsorship at the current time.
We are an E-Verify employer.
Technologies: Windows Server (2019), Active Directory, Windows 10/11, Linux, Perforce, VMWare, G Suite, Office365, Slack, JIRA, Confluence, PowerShell, Python, C#
Contact: Please submit resume and portfolio to email@example.com